HOT decodes the cool and elegant summer look as designer Nandita Mahtani unveils her new resort wear collection, Pretty in Pastels, at Delhi Fashion Week 2017.
Summer is upon us…the days get warmer and fashion needs to follow cues from the weather. It is the time for resort wear…breezy, flowy, cool and elegant, resort wear recalls comfort and effortless sophistication.
That’s exactly why this is the right time for “Pretty in Pastels”. Recognized for her mastery over resort wear, acclaimed designer Nandita Mahtani, showed her new SS17 Cruise line with great aplomb to runway onlookers at the Delhi Fashion Week 2017. Her collection “Pretty in Pastels”, harks back to a line designed to flatter and make every woman feel beautiful.
Some HOT takeaways for you…
- The collection encapsulates a mix of bikinis, umbrella dresses, butterfly motif dresses and delicate tunics in sorbet shades to compliment the season.
- The season is all about very subtle hues like aqua green, baby pink, peach and powder blue and white. Look out for these shades in your outfits this summer. Of course, these colours pretty dominate the collection as well.
- With the use of evocative fabrics like organza, cotton, georgette, Nandita achieves a perfect bohochic look in her creation for this season.
- What kind of look should you aim for this season? “Dreamy, flowy, romantic combined with a strong sense of drama,” says Nandita.
- The outfits have exquisite embroideries…a little bit of bling looks stylish and adds an extra edge to the outfit, without overbearing it.
- The cuts and feminine silhouettes of the garments in the collection are quite flattering indeed! Play around with length and layering for a very feminine look.
- Let shoulders do all the talking! Off-shoulder dresses and single-shoulder cuts are in!
Confident, glamourous and sophisticated…let resort wear work its magic for you!