A sports car and luxury saloon in one, the launch of the new Porsche Panamera evoked a lot of excitement…HOT reveals what you need to know about the car…
Porsche India, marked the introduction of the new generation by unveiling the all-wheel drive Panamera Turbo to attendees during an exclusive media event at Porsche Centre Mumbai.
Highlights of the Porsche Panamera…
- The new model further extends the boundaries between an ambitious sports car and a comfortable cruising car with technical highlights such as rear axle steering, electromechanical roll stabilisation and a three-chamber air suspension.
- Inside, a completely new display and control concept greets the driver and passengers upon entry. In many areas, touch-sensitive surfaces replace classic hard keys, and high-resolution displays merge into the interior. The digitalisation of the Porsche interior, which began with the 918 Spyder, is now available in the Stuttgart-based manufacturer’s four-door saloon.
- The Panamera Turbo engine has been redesigned to produce more power, whilst significantly improving fuel economy and reducing emissions.
- Engine response can be further increased using the optional Mode Switch with the Sport Response Button.
- Recognisable sports car aesthetics which make up the typical Porsche flyline in the new Panamera include pronounced shoulders, athletic flanks and an extremely fast roof line that is 20 mm lower at the rear. LED headlights and larger wheels also add to a sporty look.
- The integrated 4D Chassis Control system analyses and synchronises all chassis systems in real time for even better handling.
- The luxury saloon drive experience is taken to a new level, through the functionality and easy interaction of the new Porsche Advanced Cockpit. Its intuitive user interface, makes operation of the communication, convenience and assistance systems easier than ever.
The model will also be available as an Executive version featuring a 150 millimetre longer wheelbase and an extended range of equipment. It is equipped with various standard features, including a large panoramic roof, comfort seats with multi-way electrical adjustment in the front and rear, and roll-up sun blinds behind the headrests in the rear. The model also offers four-zone climate control and ambient lighting as standard.
Presenting a harmonious balance between sporty performance, comfort and luxury, the new Porsche Panamera has been developed for sports car drivers who appreciate four doors and four seats. Achieving a new lap record for a luxury saloon of just 7 minutes 38 seconds on the legendary Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit and a unique design concept that replicates the brand’s iconic 911, the revamped model is a truly attractive offering in its segment!