Flying out to Maldives for the holidays? Check into W Maldives, the luxury escape, to rewrite the rules of the festive holidays with a street art-style take on the season. From breakfast with international DJs to pool and desert island parties and sunset cruises, there’s something in store for everyone.
In the spirit of inspirational graffiti artists, W Maldives will push the boundaries and colour outside the lines in 2017. W Hotels has partnered with graffiti legend John ‘Crash’ Matos to create a custom tree and celebrate Christmas and New Year with bold messages in bright colours. Here are the highlights:
- On December 11, 18 and 24, W Maldives’ resident DJ Ivan Zubo will be hosting a Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- On Christmas Eve, join the Dreamscape Sunset Cruise with champagne, canapés and festive mixes by DJ Kane Ian on the two-mast yacht ‘Escape’.
- The Extraordinary Gala Dinner Under the Stars on the serene beachfront will feature a large selection of live cooking BBQ stations featuring supreme meat and local “catch of the day”. Post dinner, head to the scenic deck to celebrate Christmas for a pool party with DJ Ivan.
- Bring in the Christmas Day with a tropical style breakfast, complemented by vibrant mixes from DJ Justin Paul, the luxury resort’s celebrity guest DJ from LA.
- The Overwater Sunset Session at SIP overwater bar will quench everybody’s thirst with delectable cocktails created by resort’s talented mixologists to the tune of intoxicating sunset beats by DJ Ivan.
- Bring in the New Years at Gaathafushi, a private island located just minutes away from the resort, where the resort’s culinary team will set up a special BBQ on the beach, and DJ Justin will entertain everybody with his LA-inspired mixes.
- Let the countdown begin with spectacular midnight fireworks and an impressive line-up of international DJs and performers thereafter.
- Embrace 2017 with a rejuvenating detox spa treatment that’ll drift your body and mind away from toxins and prepare you to take on a refreshing new year.
For bookings, please email Reservations.Wmaldives@whotels.comor or call +960 666 2222.