The Macallan x URWERK Flask shows how partnerships between two masters can create the most wonderful complex treasures. HOT explores the masterpiece…
What’s in a flask…you may ask. A lot…it turns out…especially if it is a result of a stellar collaboration. The Macallan and avant-garde Swiss watchmaker URWERK have worked magic and come up with a true design masterpiece.
Macallan x URWERK Flask
Read on to see what’s HOT in this flask… (no, it’s not just the whiskey!)
- It is composed of 156 parts
- Each of the limited edition flasks produced capture a moment in time and are the result of an exquisitely creative and technical process.
- In the cap, a connecting arm has hidden 1mm ‘ball clickers’ which click when completely open. The ball snaps into a small recess and holds the cap open while pouring.
- There are two titanium tanks that encase the whisky, enabling two different expressions to be carried at once.
- It has a unique spring-loaded directional mouthpiece, crafted from stainless steel, and it switches between the two tanks.
- It has winglets, which when deployed create a stand for the flask.
- The Cask Indicators are also special. A cask type wheel and a whisky age wheel display the age and wood type to act as subtle reminders of the spirits inside.
The mechanical wonder is limited to up to 500 worldwide. Just like great whiskey, it holds a strong promise! A traditionally small and simple everyday object becomes a machined aluminium, titanium and stainless steel work of art! Kudos to the Macallan x URWERK Flask!