The Lamborghini Huracán Performante took the lap record at Nürburgring Nordschleife. It is revealed at Geneva Motor Show today.
Why does the Lamborghini Huracán Performante appeal so much to the car elite..even before its launch? HOT uncovers the truth…
For one, it features innovations in aerodynamics and lightweight engineering. This, combined with its improved power plant, its four-wheel drive system, its Lamborghini Piattaforma Inerziale and a dedicated set-up, allows superior track performance to be maximized while delivering the most engaging and dynamic road drive.
The proof? Well, the car has already proved its extraordinary capabilities. It set a new production car lap record of 6:52.01 min on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in Germany on 5 October 2016.
Here are some highlights from that spectacular show..one that established the high standards of the car in some challenging competitive conditions!
- Lamborghini test driver Marco Mapelli, was the man behind the wheel. He also drove the Aventador SV to its Nürburgring sub seven-minute lap time in 2015.
- The car made a rolling start, fitted inside and out with onboard cameras and telemetry to record the lap.
- The spectators included the Lamborghini team of R&D engineers, technicians and drivers, together with Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Maurizio Reggiani, Board Member for Research & Development.
- It covered a total distance of the 20.6 km track.
- In the sixth minute, the car was heard heading down the long straight with just three corners to go, and its audience counting down the seconds to watch the Huracán Performante pass over the line at 6:52.01 min.
The Huracán Performante is revealed officially by Automobili Lamborghini at Geneva Motor Show today at the Lamborghini stand.
Follow the unveiling in Geneva at live.lamborghini and join the conversation with #HuracanPerformante.