The cold winter can wreak havoc on the skin. Pond’s brand ambassador Ileana D’Cruz spills five winter skincare secrets to keep your skin looking soft and glowing all through the chilly season.
- “Moisturising is right at the top of my skincare list. When it comes to winter skincare I can’t possibly stay without my all-time favorite Pond’s product – the Pond’s Cold Cream. It is a classic product you cannot go wrong with and like I always say, I’ve grown up with it. It is the one constant thing on my mother’s dressing table and I have loved it ever since.”
- “Don’t forget the sunblock, even during the winter season. We live in a tropical country where a good sunblock is a necessity all year around. Stock up on something like an SPF-enriched day cream or a BB cream with dual benefits.”
- “I’m calling it step three, but it is a crucial step. A good moisturiser keeps the skin supple and nourished, but we also need to drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins from our body. Experts recommend drinking at least two litres of water every day and we should follow that.”
- “A night skincare routine is also very important. I like to use a gel-based facewash that keeps the skin hydrated throughout the night.”
“I never leave home without a lip balm. It’s something I carry with me at all times.
- To wake up with soft moisturised lips, try brushing your lips gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush or a pinch of raw granulated sugar. Next, wash off and apply a mild lip balm before going to bed.”