Its powerfully expressive design, efficiently shaped body work and unmatched agility makes BMW’s new MINI Countryman the biggest and most versatile model in the brand’s 57-year history. Here’s your first look.
The new MINI Countryman – an overview
- Powerful proportions, 20 centimetres longer than its predecessor.
- Five fully-fledged seats, clear increase in space and versatility.
- Electrical tailgate control as well as touchless opening and closing of the tailgate.
- MINI Picnic Bench: fold-out load loading sill cushion as a comfortable seat on the luggage compartment lid and for general outdoor use.
- MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4: the first ever MINI with plug-in hybrid drive.
- New generation of engines and gearboxes, efficiency-optimised all-wheel drive system ALL4.
- Central instrument with touchscreen function for the first time.
- MINI Country Timer measures driving fun over demanding terrain.
- MINI Connected App as a personal assistant on a day-to-day basis and when travelling.
- MINI Find Mate: everything you need on board at all times – or in view.
20 centimetres longer than its predecessor
The new MINI Countryman is 20 centimetres longer than its predecessor and approximately 3 centimetres wider. Its wheelbase has been extended by 7.5 centimetres. This growth results in significantly increased space on five fully-fledged seats as well as a definite increase in storage volume and luggage transport versatility.
Powerful proportions, matured character
The latest generation of the MINI Countryman goes even further in terms of the model’s versatility, agility and premium character. Thanks to its powerful proportions, the new MINI Countryman has a particularly distinctive presence.
More space for premium ambience
The interior of the new MINI Countryman emphasises the car’s suitability for families and as a primary vehicle. In the interior of the new MINI Countryman, a clear increase in space, refined premium ambience and a modern display and operating concept reflect the progress achieved through the change of generation.
Distinctive cockpit design
With a clear horizontal structure, stretched lines and generously sized surfaces, the distinctively designed cockpit emphasises the solid character of the new MINI Countryman. The profile of the air vents echoes the vertical orientation of the exterior design elements.
Market launch with four engines
The new edition of the MINI Countryman lines up for the start featuring entirely newly developed engine technology. For the market launch there are two petrol and two diesel engines of the latest generation available to choose from, each with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology.
The new all-wheel drive system ALL4: fast and precise, compact and efficient
The new MINI Countryman also achieves outstanding efficiency figures in conjunction with the all-wheel drive system ALL4, which is optionally available for all engine variants. The plug-in hybrid drive of the MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4 enables purely electric driving at a top speed of 125 km/h.
World premiere in LA, market launch in February 2017
The new MINI Countryman saw its world premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show on 18 November 2016. The market launch in Europe follows in February 2017. From March 2017 onwards the new MINI Countryman will also be taking roads and tracks by storm outside Europe.