Highlighting the spirit of innovation, the new Chronospace Evo B60 incorporates an analogue-display quartz movement entirely developed by and for Breitling.
The Chronospace Evo B60 is a sturdy and light watch, thanks to its titanium case. But the real highlight of this timepiece is the fact that it has the first analogue-display quartz movement entirely developed by and for Breitling: a SuperQuartzTM chronograph calibre with 24-hour counter, central minutes and split times.
The Chronospace Evo model had already established its high credentials as the only electronic model exclusively equipped with pointer-type displays. It is now also the first Breitling model to house an analogue-display quartz movement entirely developed and produced by the brand.
This ‘engine’ has been developed and produced in Switzerland. It has aviation-dedicated functions and features. Some of the features and attributes of the watch:
- It has precision that is ten times greater than a standard quartz movement
- The chronometer is certified by the COSC (Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute)
- Tenths of a second are displayed in a counter between 2 and 3 o’clock. The two central chronograph hands – a red-tipped one for the seconds and a white-tipped one for the minutes – serve to read off measured times with complete clarity, whatever the visibility conditions.
- There is a 24-hour counter between 9 and 10 o’clock, dedicated to missions lasting an entire day.
- By pressing the pushpiece at 4 o’clock, the user can stop the chronograph hands at will to measure split times. A further press on this same pusher then enables the hands to “catch up with” the correct position and to continue the timing operation in progress. This helps when one is required to keep track of feats achieved by several competitors taking part in a race, or to measure several successive times during a mission.
- Legibility of the displays is further enhanced by large white luminescent hands and hour-markers standing out against the dark dial background.
- The unidirectional rotating bezel ensures an excellent grip thanks to its four rider tabs serving to mark off times.
- The titanium case, water-resistant to 100 m, is fitted with protective reinforcements for its screw-locked crown.
The new Chronospace Evo B60 is available in a black dial version with slate grey counters and a blue dial version with black counters. It is equipped with a bracelet in titanium or strap in leather or rubber.