IWC Schaffhausen’s Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “Sharks” is exclusively bundled with a copy of Michael Muller’s book about the predators of the sea. Here’s what you need to know about the limited edition timepiece.
Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “Sharks”
IWC Schaffhausen has produced a special edition of the iconic Aquatimer diver’s watch with production limited to 500 watches and a special hammerhead shark engraving on the case back. The distinctive grey dial was inspired by the colour of many sharks. The five distinct features of the watch are as follows:
- Enclosed in a stainless-steel case, the timepiece is driven by an IWC-manufactured 89365 calibre.
- The chronograph is water-resistant to 30 bar and boasts a flyback function, a self-winding system and a power reserve of 68 hours.
- Dive times can be set using the mechanical external/internal rotating bezel. This trailblazing IWC development combines the excellent legibility of an internal rotating bezel with the ease of use of an external bezel.
- The IWC SafeDive system ensures that the internal bezel can only be adjusted in an anticlockwise direction.
- Luminescent coatings on the dial, hands and the internal rotating bezel provide optimum legibility underwater.
Man versus wild
From the environmental standpoint, more than 100 million sharks are caught every year whilst continued overfishing depletes their nutritional resources. With increasing numbers of shark species facing extinction, the exclusive themed special edition of the iconic Aquatimer diver’s watch is a great way to spread awareness of the situation affecting the predators.