As an official licensee to Ettore Bugatti, Montegrappa recently presented a new limited edition of Bugatti writing instruments. Here’s everything you need to know about the Bugatti Chiron Collection.
- The collection, like the new Bugatti super sports car it represents, is named after racing legend Louis Chiron.
- Montegrappa’s all-new design for the Chiron pens is timed to coincide with the unveiling of the exclusive Chiron, the ultimate super sports car, presented as a world premiere in Geneva at the International Motor Show. The pen will mirror the unusual combination of materials and design details in the Chiron supercar.
- Designed by Gabor Megyeri, the Chiron writing instruments feature carbon fibre barrels, and anodized aluminium cap and barrel ends.
- Decorated with dynamic quilting engraving, they are reminiscent of Bugatti upholstery. The cap top, on the other hand, is enriched with red lacquer line.
- The screws are inspired by the original monocoque titanium mounting screws, and the matte and shiny surfaces correspond to Bugatti practice.
- While Ettore Bugatti’s elegant signature surrounds the pocket clip mount, the barrel end terminates with the world-famous red Bugatti oval logo.
- Fitted with an 18K gold nib bearing the Bugatti oval badge, the Chiron fountain pen comes in three writing grades of fine, medium and broad.
- The collection features fountain and rollerball pens only. The Bugatti Chiron writing instruments are limited to 250 examples of each model.