The Fifth Cartier Travel With Style Concours d’Elégance, one of the world’s most prestigious automotive events, will be returning to India on 5th February, 2017. Here’s everything you need to know about the unique vintage car exhibit and competition.
- Ranked alongside Villa D’Este Concorsa D’Eleganza and the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elégance, Cartier Travel With Style is counted as one of the benchmark exhibits of its kind, showcasing the best and rarest of Indian automotive heritage on an international platform.
- After four former editions held in New Delhi and Mumbai, Cartier Travel With Style will take place next year in Hyderabad.
- In a nod to Cartier’s long standing relationship with Indian royalty, Cartier Travel With Style 2017 will be hosted at Taj Falaknuma Palace, the larger than life estate of the royal rulers of Hyderabad.
- Princess Esra of Hyderabad, has graciously opened doors to her family seat for the upcoming concours. An instrumental force behind the restoration of Taj Falaknuma into a world renowned luxury hotel, termed today as the World’s Best Palace Hotel, Princess Esra has been a patron and exhibitor at Cartier Travel With Style since its first edition in 2009.
- Hosted by Mr. Guillame Alix, Regional Managing Director, Cartier Middle East, India & Africa, Cartier Travel With Style is among the world’s most acclaimed Concours d’Elégance, a one-of-a-kind vintage car exhibition and competition held every two years in India.
- Curated by the renowned Indian automotive historian and expert, Manvendra Singh of Barwani, the Cartier Concours showcases some of the rarest and best-preserved vintage automobiles from across India.
- Cartier Travel With Style has been recently affiliated to FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) World Motoring Heritage Year Program with patronage from UNESCO. In recognition of Cartier’s commitment to facilitate Indian automotive heritage preservation, a special FIVA Preservation Award has been instituted for the next edition of Cartier Concours, to be presented to the best preserved classic car displayed within the concours’ Preservation Class category.
- Renowned vintage auto cognoscenti hailing from automotive, design, finance, racing, entertainment and fashion worlds from across the globe will comprise the expert Judging Panel at Cartier Concours d’Elégance 2017. Chief Judge for the coming edition will be Simon Kidston, the New Age Bentley Boy.