Designed for Ferrari’s most passionate clients, the LaFerrari Aperta is the new limited-edition special series – an open-top version of the acclaimed LaFerrari supercar.
The LaFerrari Aperta, Ferrari’s fastest convertible till date, launched recently to mark the 70th anniversary of the foundation of the company. The hybrid hypercar raised the automaker’s core values – technological excellence, performance, style and exclusivity – to a whole new level. Here’s a look at the roundup of highlights.
- Available with both a removable carbon-fibre hard top and soft top, the LaFerrari Aperta combines extraordinary performance with the unique exhilaration of open-top driving.
- It is equipped with the same hybrid power unit as the coupé: an 800 cv 6,262cc V12 engine coupled with a 120 kW electric motor for a total power output of a 963 cv. Thanks to the HY-KERS system, it is the most high-performance and efficient Ferrari ever built.
- The LaFerrari Aperta delivers the same top speed of over 350 km/h, accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in under 3 seconds and 0 to 200 km/h in 7.1 seconds.
- A sophisticated wind-stop system, designed to improve aerodynamic and acoustic comfort, means occupants can easily carry on a conversation even at high speeds.
- The engine’s soundtrack plays a huge role in its emotional impact: meticulous tuning has resulted in a full, harmonious sound that’s more intoxicating than ever.
- The Aperta has the same butterfly doors as the LaFerrari coupé although, when fully open, they are now at slightly different angle as a result of safety-focused re-engineering demanded by its open-top configuration.
- A string of targeted modifications which, despite a small increase in weight, allow the LaFerrari Aperta to deliver the same torsional rigidity figure as the LaFerrari, thus putting the Aperta at the top of supercar category in terms of dynamic performance.
- In the LaFerrari Aperta, the radiating masses are angled backwards to direct the air flows out along the underbody. This solution results in complete separation of the hot air from the flow reaching the cockpit, keeping temperature levels for occupants comfortable.
- The shape of the hybrid hypercar is sculptural and aerodynamically functional. Its fluid forms lend a sense of huge power, while the F1-inspired nose and the muscular power of the tail section reveal the car’s extreme, sporty character.
- LaFerrari Aperta’s styling is underscored by a discrete model-specific livery with just a few graphic accents in a contrasting colour defining the main styling contours.
The topless $2 million convertible is unarguably a masterpiece of design. It represents everything that can be achieved when money is not a factor. No wonder then that the sports car presold after an exclusive preview.